Features and Benefits
2 software programmable input terminals
- Current up to ±20 mA
- Voltage up to ±10 V
- Replaces existing 3-terminal solutions
- Field power supply for loop powered current sensors
- HV input overvoltage protected up to ±30 V
- Internal current sense resistor
- Option to use external current sense resistor
- Current limited input even with no power supply
- Diagnostic functions for overrange and open wire detect
- Fast and flexible output data rates: 5 SPS to 125 kSPS
- 16 noise free bits at 62 kSPS
- 18 noise free bits at 2.5 kSPS
- 20 noise free bits at 50 SPS/60 SPS
- Simultaneous 50 Hz and 60 Hz rejection
- Serial interface for configuration and diagnostics
- 4-wire interface compatible with SPI®, QSPI™, MICROWIRE®, and DSP
- Power supply: ±12 V to ±20 V, +5 V
- Operating temperature: −40°C to +105°C
- Package: 40-lead, 6 mm × 6 mm LFCSP
The AD4110-1 is a complete, single-channel, universal input analog-to-digital front end for industrial process control systems where sensor type flexibility is required.
The high voltage input is fully software configurable for current or voltage signals and allows direct interface to all standard industrial analog signal sources such as ±20 mA, ±4 mA to ±20 mA, ±10 V, and all thermocouple types. Field power can be supplied for loop powered current output sensors. A range of excitation current sources for resistance temperature detector (RTD) sensors and other resistive sensors are included. The integrated, fully differential programmable gain amplifier (PGA) offers 16 gain settings from 0.2 to 24.
The high voltage input can be programmed to power up in either voltage mode or current mode. When programmed to current mode, the unique input circuit architecture provides a path for the loop current, even in the absence of the system module power supply.
The AD4110-1 provides internal, front-end diagnostic functions to indicate overvoltage, undervoltage, open wire, overcurrent, and overtemperature conditions. The high voltage input is thermally protected, overcurrent limited, and overvoltage protected.
The AD4110-1 incorporates a precision 24-bit, Σ-Δ, analog-todigital converter (ADC) offering conversion rates from 5 SPS to 125 kSPS with simultaneous 50 Hz and 60 Hz noise rejection.
- Process control and industrial automation
- Remote and distributed control systems
- Instrumentation and measurement
- Sensor and data acquisition
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-AD4110-1SDZ evaluates the features of the AD4110-1 analog front end (AFE). The software executable file of the PC controls the AD4110-1 via USB through the system demonstration platform (SDP) board. The SDP-B board controls the evaluation board and can be connected to the USB port of any PC running Windows? 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10-based operating system using the AD4110-1 evaluation software.
The AD4110-1 is a complete, single-channel, universal input, analog-to-digital front end for industrial process control systems where sensor type flexibility is required.
The high voltage input is fully software configurable for current or voltage ranges and allow direct interface to all standard industrial analog signal sources, such as ±20 mA, ±4 mA to ±20 mA, ±10 V, and all thermocouple types. Field power can be supplied for loop powered current output sensors. A range of excitation current sources for resistance temperature detector (RTD) sensors and other resistive sensors are included. The integrated programmable gain amplifier (PGA) offers sixteen gain settings from 0.2 to 24.
Features & Benefits
- Full-featured evaluation board for the AD4110-1
- PC control in conjunction with Analog Devices, Inc., SDP
- PC software for control
- Compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10
Software & Systems Requirements
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.