Features and Benefits
- 4V to 36V Input Voltage Range
- 1.2A, 65V Internal DMOS Power Switch
- Low Quiescent Current
- Boundary Mode Operation at Heavy Load
- Low-Ripple Burst Mode® Operation at Light Load
- Minimum Load <0.5% (Typ) of Full Output
- VOUT Set with a Single External Resistor
- No Transformer Third Winding or Opto-Isolator Required for Regulation
- Accurate EN/UVLO Threshold and Hysteresis
- Internal Compensation and Soft-Start
- Output Short-Circuit Protection
- 5-Lead TSOT-23 Package
The LT3001 is a micropower isolated flyback converter. By sampling the isolated output voltage directly from the primary-side flyback waveform, the part requires no third winding or opto-isolator for regulation. The output voltage is programmed with a single external resistor. Internal compensation and soft-start further reduce external component count. Boundary mode operation provides a small magnetic solution with excellent load regulation. Low ripple Burst Mode operation maintains high efficiency at light load while minimizing the output voltage ripple. A 1.2A, 65V DMOS power switch is integrated along with all high voltage circuitry and control logic into a 5-lead ThinSOT™ package.
The LT3001 operates from an input voltage range of 4V to 36V and can deliver up to 4W of isolated output power. The high level of integration and the use of boundary and low ripple burst modes result in a simple to use, low component count, and high efficiency application solution for isolated power delivery.
- Isolated Telecom, Automotive, Industrial, Medical Power Supplies
- Isolated Auxiliary/Housekeeping Power Supplies
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.